Saturday, February 22, 2014

Recipe: Mom's Makeshift Pancakes



This morning when I got ready to fix breakfast for Kalynn and I, I discovered that my dear husband had finished off the milk with his nightly frosted flakes fix. This is a regular thing in my house. Usually I discover that the milk has dissapeared at the most inoppertune times, lol.

So the concept of a simple bowl of cereal for breakfast was not exactly going to work.

Because we rarely are home for breakfast, I found myself rummaging in my pantry for something to fix. With no milk, and come to find, no eggs I was really limited. No french toast, no scrambeld eggs and toast...what was a Mom to do!?!?

It was then that I remembered that I bought a big box of bisquick at Sams earlier in the month. So..all proud of myself and my "cunning" shopping sense I whipped the box out and hunted down the directions on how to mix up pancakes, only to discover that it required the 2 things that I didnt have, Milk and Eggs! UGH!

But with a little forethought and some injinuity, I came up with a quick recepie that not only worked, but was DELICIOUS! My 6 yearold told me that I made "famous pancakes"! lol

Here is the recepie below:

Mom's Makeshift Pancakes


Ingredients
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Orange Extract
  • ¼ teaspoons Allspice
  • 1 pinch Cinnamon & Sugar (I Keep This Pre-mixed To Taste)
  • ½ cups Water (mix Until Batter Is Not Sticky Nor Runny - Adjust As Needed)

Preparation

Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until combined and the batter is no longer sticky or doughy. Be sure that it is not too runny either. You can add more bisquick to correct if you add too much water.
Pour in a skillet over medium-low heat. On my electric stove I set my dial at 4. (You can spray non-stick spray or use butter if you pancakes tend to stick to the pan) Let sit until the edges round and begin to turn a golden color. You may see bubbles in the middle that is ok! It will just make it fluffier. Flip the pancake over and cook until the edges begin to round themselves up off the pan.
Then just remove from heat and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment