Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tooth Fairy Troubles

So Sunday, Kalynn lost her first tooth! Yeah!!! A time to celebrate (and be a little sad) my little girl is growing up!!

She has had a loose tooth for about 3 weeks now, and while playing with her Monster High dolls, she decided to use her teeth to take off a doll's shoe. You would think it would have popped out the loose tooth...but instead, it she said she heard a "POP" and the tooth next to the loose one was suddenly barely hanging on. We went through the whole shock of "OMG my mouth is bleeding" and then the excitement of "OMG I'm going to loose my first tooth"!

The next day, it finally happened!!!



The problem we are having now is...she wants to KEEP IT!! She doesn't want to give the tooth fairy her tooth, because its "her very first tooth" and she wants to wear it in a necklace and take it for show and tell and oh my, oh my keep it "safe" in her jewelry box!

Oh no no no this just can not happen!! What do I do! I told her that I would keep it safe until she was ready to give it to the tooth fairy....I am at a loss!!

Have any of your kids done this to you? How did you handle it? Were you able to preserve those special childhood moments?

Desperate for my child to not burst my bubble,



No comments:

Post a Comment