Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Problem with Nagging....

The problem with nagging is...it seems so undefined and repetitious...and nobody wants to be a nag!

If you have ever been in any kind of cooperative relationship, you are familiar with the term "Nagging". The reason for my post today is some clarification on "Nagging".

What exactly is nagging? Is it a continuous reminder to do or not do something? Is it the way the requests are presented? The frequency? The topic of the request? It is hard for me to say.

I'll be honest, I have been told by many people that I have a tendency to nag. I hate to hear it. I can honestly say that I don't try to nag. I just feel as though I have to ask (repeatedly) to get some people to do the things that I ask.

So how do you handle this? How do you approach a situation where repeated requests is required without nagging? My obvious response has always been "well do it the first time I ask and I won't nag". This is apparently only obvious to me.

How do you define nagging? How do you avoid it?



No comments:

Post a Comment