Thursday, May 15, 2014

Update: Spring 2014 - Yard Makeover

Its been almost a month since I have posted something up on my blog. For those of you that follow along, I am sorry for neglecting you.

WE HAVE BEEN SO BUSY! Its been such a wonderful spring here at home. Let me give you a little update as to what I have been up to before I resume my "Ultimate Mom" series....

Last year, as many of you know, we found out that little Madison was going to be joining our family. Throughout that pregnancy, our house suffered GREATLY! Our yard...well, lets just say that a dear friend helped us with the yard upkeep, because poor John was working 7 days a week, and I spent most of my days laying on the couch or with my head in the toilet, because even standing would throw me into a fit of nausea that leave me as weak as wilted lettuce.

This year, however......the yard has been getting a MAKE OVER! We have put in a new front porch, a 130 foot flower bed that literally wraps 3/4 of the way around the house. We have built 2 raised flower beds, cleaned up and pruned the trees and we have even cleared out the little patch of "woods" between our house and our neighbors, getting rid of all those unsightly, over grown weeds and wild shrubs.

I have also cut my hours at the pharmacy down to just 2 days a week!! Almost a full time stay at home mom!! A dream come true! It has just amazed me at how far our family has come in just 1 short year! We are so amazingly blessed, and though I am not a preachy type of person, I can only thank the good Lord for bringing our family through this last year to this time of peace, happiness, and completion.

So thank you for being patient with me, as we have been renovating the yard, spending every available moment between diaper changes, homework, bottle feedings, laundry dishes and cuddles in the yard trying to get everything done before the heat of the summer season is upon us.

Below are the before pictures I have taken of the yard. I will be posting some in process pictures and completed images later. There is a completed picture of our "fantasy garden" made from a fountain that my dogs have destroyed beyond use. It turned out so CUTE! Kalynn absolutely loves it and is constantly rearranging the "furniture". I did not forget all of you though this journey <3





Sorry, I did not have a before photo of the fountain. But didn't it turn out CUTE!

More updates coming soon!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment