Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Review: Home A Stranded Novel


Home A Stranded Novel
Home A Stranded Novel by Theresa Shaver

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I had already read the first two books in this series, and so my natural tendency is to continue to the end of the series. With this particular series, I have been in awe of the talent of the author. The realism and portrayal of humanity at is core has kept me coming back as I follow along with each group of students as they escape California during a total technological meltdown that literally paralyzes the North American Continent. With the ending of the last two books fresh in my mind, I was more than anxious to begin reading Home.

I really enjoyed the action in this book. I thought it was well put together and wrapped up the first two books nicely. I felt that the end was perfect and I was really able to connect with each of the characters. I felt like the book could have used some more editing, but knowing that Theresa Shaver is an indie author, I know many of those books are self-edited, so I tried to have patience when I found a sentence that caused me to stumble. All in all it was a great book!!

“Our parents have always been there to take care of us and fix any major problems we’ve had but now we have to fix our problems instead. I guess this means we’re grownups now.” - Alex (Home by Theresa Shaver)


To read my full review, please visit The Reflective Reader by clicking here.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment