Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Review: Sea A Stranded Novel Book 2)


Sea A Stranded Novel Book 2)
Sea A Stranded Novel Book 2) by Theresa Shaver

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



First Impressions:
After reading the first book in this series, I couldn’t help but want to read the sequel. I liked the idea that this book took on the adventure of the group of kids that choose to separate from the others and go by boat their hometown in Canada. After the hazards that the first group encountered, and the knowledge that the sea bound kids were not exactly friends had me edgy in anticipation as to how successful their travels would turn out.

I was completely enthralled by the drama between this group of five kids as they made their way out of California and on to the open ocean, headed for British Columbia, Canada. The confinement and isolation of the gaggle of teens on the Lawless only intensified their contrasting personalities. When they come upon a small life boat with the bodies of two dead men, reality begins to set in as they question their own survival skills.

I really felt the reality of this story as it was portrayed through the eyes of these five teenagers. The desperation to get home to safety and the obstacles they faced I felt were true to life and completely believable.

I thought this book was a wonderful balance of reality and life lessons. It was a perfect companion to the first book that really showed the maturity and efficiency of teamwork during difficult times. The struggles and insecurities of these characters seemed very true to life to me and I really enjoyed them! I definitely recommend this book...I can’t wait to read the next book in this series!

To read my whole review, visit The Reflective Reader by clicking here.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment