Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mint.com

I have discovered a wonderful tool that I have begun using to work towards our financial goals for this year. It is called Mint.com. This is an online based tracking site that can be used to track all of your financial information in one place.

I can link my banking information, to track expenses for budgeting monitoring, financial goal setting/completing, debt payoff/tracking and so much more! The best part is, it is automatically imported, so I don't have to do anything manually.

I am confident and feel safe using this site, because I can not manipulate any funds of any account. It is strictly a tracking method that is working well for us.

As a part of the Dave Ramsey system, we are supposed to use an envelope system. This system does not work well for our family, cash just doesn't work for us. I can not keep track of it. However, by using Mint.com, I can easily track my expenses by categorizing each transaction and mint.com "files it" under the correct "envelope". It then will graph it out as well as total my expenses for each category so I can see if I am on track with my budget or not.

I can set up an alert system to send me an email or text message for several things that may concern me....either large transactions, being over budget, bill reminders, etc.

Below, I have included a screen shot of several screens to show you why I love Mint.com so much!

I can not get the main screen to show up in one shot, so the next three screens are all the overview page, just in a scrolled view.




Here is a screen shot of the graphing portion. I prefer the circular graph, but you can switch it to a standard bar graph if you prefer. 


I hope you check out mint.com as well. Perhaps you will now have found a tool that works for you too!

Happy Budgeting!



No comments:

Post a Comment