Friday, January 11, 2013

Weekly Reading - January 1/7/13




What are you reading this week? 

Please share with us what you are currently reading this week.
This will give us a chance to see new works, 
authors and book series that might interest us.


This week, I am reading book #2 in the Soul Guardians Series. To Be Fair, I will introduce you to book # 1 as well, since I finished that one on Monday.

I first got this book as a free nook book. I had finished the last book in the series that I had been reading, and was looking for something new. I have a habit of going through the free ebooks in the nook book shop. A lot of times, they will offer the first book in a series for free - an excellent way to test out a new author without paying a lot of money at the risk of being disappointed.

Anyway, I found the Soul Guardians book "Marked". . .

Marked: Soul Guardians # 1
By Kim Richardson

éééé

It is about a young girl, named Kara, who dies at a young age, only to become a guardian angel who fights off demons that try to steal the souls of mortals on earth. 


I read this book in just a few days, and at at 511 pages, it kept me busy! I was so enthralled with this story because despite the descriptive, it was not quite as "Sci-fi" as I thought it would be. It became a mystery and action thriller as well as a slight budding romance that was doomed from the start. 

This book I would put in the genre of Young Adult, Fantasy/Paranormal.

I gave this book a 4 star rating. 
éééé

CURRENTLY:

I am working on the 2nd book in the series. . . 

Elemental: Soul Guardians Book # 2
By Kim Robinson
éééé


Kara is back in this second novel by Kim Robinson. She has earned her mortal life back, and is now faced with a new breed of demon. I am currently on page 161 of 391. The action and mystery behind this sequel has had me begging for free time to read. 

So far, I would give this book another 4 star rating....
éééé

Your Turn

Tell me about what you are reading, you can simply comment, or you can add a link.

Happy Reading





No comments:

Post a Comment