Saturday, January 25, 2014

OBSERVATION: The "Ultimate Mom" Taking Care of Me

As much as I was looking forward to this week's "Challenge" of taking care of me, I actually found it was more difficult than I thought it would be. I honestly thought that as long as I made a conscious decision to take care of myself as well as the other members of the family that it would balance out fairly well. BOY WAS I WRONG!

Let me first begin by saying this was the perfect week to do it, if I wanted to test myself during the toughest challenges. My husband had a tooth pulled this week and ended up getting a dry socket. My oldest, Kalynn, had a head cold and ended up coming home early from Church on Wednesday night due to a sore throat. And poor baby Madison ended up with a low grade fever that we never could discern the cause....even after a 45 min drive to the pediatrician. Maddie had a touch of colic all week and to top it off we had report cards, delayed school days due to weather, cancelled dance classes and work was so hectic I was ready to leave as soon as I walked in the door.

My hands were FULL to say the least. I did however manage to buy a bottle of Blackberry Cider (alcohol free) from Salemburg Grill and have enjoyed a glass every other night. I had been wanting to try this stuff since before I had Maddie and it was worth the wait! It was delicious! I also was able to soak in a bubble bath with my aroma therapy bubble mix :)

Of course I was running in circles while I was drinking my cider, and my bath only lasted about 10 min because I was so tired I found myself falling asleep in tub! I am determined to continue to find small things that "take care of me", so I can reduce my stress and allow me to take better care of my family.

Any thoughts from you?


No comments:

Post a Comment