Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Snow Day!!!


We were blessed with another snow day here in Salemburg! This one, even better than the last. It was perfect for snowball fights, snowman building, and yes, sledding.

The hard part, was picking which we wanted to do!! Because we NEVER get snow, we dont have the nice warm winter-wear to be able to it all in one day. We would F.R.E.E.Z.E! LoL

We opted for the Snowman!


Yes, that is a Boston Terrier "hunting dog", lol. My daughter and husband crack me up!


Kalynn had such a ball helping me with her snowman. She helped build him, and even ran to the driveway to find rocks for his buttons and eyes. His nose, a small branch off of our tree and his mouth, well, I found a rounded stick off of a weed that worked perfectly. John found some small fence pickets under the porch and grabbed them for the arms. It wasn't until we got inside and started looking at the pictures before he realized Kalynn stuck them in base, lol. I thought it was too cute!


There is my girl in the snow with her signature "thumbs up"! 


And of course, Madison slept, lol.


The dogs had fun too! Here is Angel and Jasmine running through the yard. I swear they ran in circles playing in the snow forever! 




Jasmine was the funniest to watch! She is only a year and a half old and watching her spaz out in the snow was a crack up! She kept laying down in it and shoving her nose down trying to lick it up. Every time she would look up with her tongue sticking out and a pile of snow on her nose! I cant even describe it without chuckling to myself. LoL


Ok...this was a horrible picture...BUT I LOVE HER SMILE! Sorry had to throw that one in there.


The horses weren't as happy about the snow as we were...


You can almost see the pout on Dallas's face...



But we gave them some hay to much on...and that seemed to make them happy.


Here are some pictures we took around town:

The Hay Barn
Grandma's house. The family homestead.

The Lake
The Dam at the Lake

More of the lake. I just love the lake!

Driving Home
The roadside...isn't it pretty!

Downtown Salemburg. The snow had just started to fall.

The first flakes. I just thought that this would be a cool picture :)

 Opps...how did that get there?! And there is Leroy...my husband's target deer. LOL Yes...it is exactly what you see. The joys of being married to a redneck! LoL!

And there you have it. It was a beautiful day! We enjoyed the snow, built a snowman and spent the rest of the day snuggled up on the couch watching movies and the Olympics!




No comments:

Post a Comment