Monday, February 3, 2014

The "Ultimate Mom": My Affirmation




In this last week, I have been working on my "Action" assignments. One of which was to come up with at least one affirmation to post up around the house and use daily to keep my focus on my goal of being the best Mom I can be. This was kind of difficult for me believe it or not. I spent the week kind of observing my family, children and myself. I figured the best way to come up with a useful affirmation was to get a good idea of what I want and where I am. This is what I came up with:

"I will be patient with my children, and greet their mistakes with humor and a gentle hand to guide them towards better choices. I will strive to make more smiles than tears. I will be sure to take time out for myself, so that I am happier and more fun to be with. I will set a good example for my husband and children so we will be a stronger, and happier family unit."
I have written this affirmation down on some index cards. One for the bathroom where I get ready every morning. One by my coffee pot (just in case I miss the one in the bathroom in my mad dash in the morning). I will keep one in a note in my phone (always in my pocket) in case I need a gentle reminder during the day. And one next to the bed so I can reaffirm myself at the end of each day.

Do you have an affirmation or something similar that you do each day?? Are you following along with me and do one of your own? Feel free to post yours below! I love feedback and encouragement.





No comments:

Post a Comment